Above all, it’s important to be communicative and transparent with your guest so they know exactly what’s happening with their deposit. Here are your options:
- Hold the entire security deposit: This gives you time to estimate the charges needed upon return.
- Claim the entire security deposit: If charges exceed the security deposit amount, be sure to select this option. This will withhold the entire amount from the guest.
- The security deposit will auto-release if no claim is filed after 7 days. No action is needed by the host.
- If a claim is indicated within the 2-day timeframe, the security deposit will be retained for 30 days instead of 7.
- If a host wishes to release the deposit earlier, they can contact us at email@example.com or 1-877-723-7232.
All claims to a security deposit by the host are subject to a 2.95% payment processing fee.
If there are variable add-on costs or fees that need to be charged once your guest returns, follow the steps below:
- Go to your Bookings
- Select the applicable reservation
- Click “Collect fees”
- Set the amount you are charging