Now taking reservations for summer 2022! Evangeline is a newly built 2020 Ford Transit AWD High-top Extended equipped with the highest quality latex foam bench seats that convert to a queen size bed, well stocked kitchen, bathroom with a composting toilet and indoor shower, air conditioning, multispeed fan, BugWall bug screen, swivel passenger seat, solar panels, and ample storage. “Evie’s” hand crafted cabinetry and professionally installed electrical system are top of the line functional, and make your off grid experience one to remember. There is a separate heater and air conditioner for night time comfort, a water heater for hot/cold running fresh water, outside shower, awning, dimmable interior lights, and beautiful cherry butcher block counter and table. It's easy to drive with a Ford eco-boost engine, cruise control, 12 way adjustable seats, backup camera, and stabilizing dual rear wheels. The 2 added rear seatbelts allow for four passengers (no child seats), and the blackout shades provide full privacy at night, and protection from the sun during the day. Your awesome roadtrip awaits!
Ce qui est inclus ?
We provide you with potable water, basic camp chairs, camp stove, induction cooktop, portable bluetooth speaker, electrical wires and hoses for hookups, and a camp axe. The BugWall roll down screens allow for open-air sleeping. Deluxe chairs, camping and hiking gear, bike rack, cargo box, cargo platform, are optional add-ons.
Bench seats/bed are custom made using 100% organic natural latex foam and Sunbrella fabric. Latex foam is resistant to bacteria, mildew and mold, and creates a firm and extremely comfortable queen bed - a king fitted sheet goes on easily to protect fabric and provide comfort. Add on our Linen Package or provide your own bottom sheet, sleeping bags and pillows.
Kitchen includes a large AC/DC refrigerator with freezer, microwave, induction cooktop, toaster, hot water pot, cooking and eating utensils, pots and pans, colander, enamelware plates, bowls and mugs, drip coffee maker, travel mugs. Placemats, coasters and trivets are also included. Evie is supplied with paper towels, tissues, small garbage bags, waste basket, biodegradable soap (for dishes, hands and hair), RV toilet paper, foil, microwave cover and food storage/microwave containers.
Large 300ah lithium batteries, 400w roof solar, 10 speed MaxxAir fan, cellphone booster, large awning, 2x outside faucets, 2x outside electrical, overhead floodlights, 30gal fresh water tank, 20/30Amp RV electrical hookup, excellent water pressure. There is also an emergency tool box, a lockable safe for valuables when you are out, and first aid kit included. Sun/privacy shades for windows, and retractable clothes lines.
Pick up and drop off at arranged times. Free safe car storage while you rent. Pick up at regional airports available upon request for fee (see Optional Add Ons). Taxi service available from Logan (Boston) and Manchester (NH) Airports.
Roadtrips throughout New England are best as there are endless places to visit, camp, and explore. Enjoy the rocky coast and beaches of Maine, Lake Champlain and the mountains of Vermont, as well as the Berkshires and mill towns of Massachusetts. Visit Acadia National Park, Baxter State Park, Katahdin Woods and Waters National Park, and the Cape Cod National Seashore. Longer and international roadtrips are possible upon request.
Autres points à signaler
Rules of the Road. We want you to be fully informed before agreeing to rent our van so that your expectations are met and our rules are transparent and clear. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
* Proof of COVID vaccination for adults required for rental.
* All drivers must be at least 25 years old and must be listed on the contract at pick up. A maximum of 4 people are allowed.
* Absolutely NO smoking, vaping or drug use of any kind permitted. Smell of any kind of tobacco product forfeits entire security deposit.
* We love dogs, too, but sorry, No Pets Permitted.
* No music festivals or other large gatherings, including tailgating, weddings and bachelor/bachelorette parties.
* The vehicle will have a full tank of gas upon pick up and must be returned with a full tank or renter's will be charged a rate of $6/gallon.
* Although AWD and fully off grid capable, off-roading beyond maintained dirt roads is not permitted. Van has only a 6" clearance on underside. No deep puddles, pot holes or up steep inclines.
* No towing of any kind allowed. Hitch is only to be used for optional cargo carrier or bike rack.
* The van has a high roof - great if you are over 6'! BUT ... Do not go under any overpasses with less than a 15’ clearance (4.5m)! Be aware of low hanging branches and other items that could damage roof, solar panels, antennae etc.
* No items, such as paddle boards, kayaks, etc, are permitted on the roof. The ladder provided is for maintenance only. Do not stand or sit on the roof. Damage to the roof will result in a claim being filed.
* Propane Camp Stove should be used outside whenever possible. Any greasy or overly smelly food, such as fish and bacon, must be cooked outside the van. Lingering odors or mess will result in fee from security deposit.
* The 30gal fresh water tank will need to occasionally be refilled, and the gray tanks emptied. Always use the in-line hose filter when refilling. There is no “city water” hookup. Although the fresh tank water is potable and can be used for cooking cleaning, showering, etc., we recommend using bottled water for drinking. We supply 3gal of fresh drinking water to start.
* Renter is responsible for disposing of food in trash bags provided. No food or solids are permitted down sink or bathroom drains or grey water tanks will clog.
* Renter is responsible for any tolls, tickets, tows and impounds. Parking - overnight or during the day - must be in permitted spaces. An EZ Pass toll device is installed and owner will check fees at return and debit from security deposit.
* Travel Restrictions: Renters must share intended itinerary with owners. No international travel permitted unless agreed to ahead of time. GPS is installed.
* Inventory: A checklist of all furnished items will be completed at the beginning and the end of the rental period. The replacement cost of missing or broken or damaged parts will be taken out of security deposit. Video and photos of vehicle condition will be made at beginning and end of rental period.
* Owner will provide an electronic version of Operations Manual to renters prior to rental period and will include printed copy in van. Owner and renter will go over all aspects of van at pick up. Renter is responsible for following all instructions and are liable for damages to systems due to improper handling or negligence.
* Evie recharges automatically by solar during the day and onboard alternator while driving. There is a 15/20/30A shore power hookup that recharges too. Renter should check battery power level daily and never let it drop below 20%, especially during inclement weather days.
* Safe Speeds: Renter agrees to drive the van at a safe speed and at a safe distance from other cars. It takes longer to brake than in normal car, especially down hill or on wet surfaces.
* Tires and tire pressure will be checked by owner prior to rental, and should be checked by renter occasionally on long trips using gauge provided.
* If there is a mechanical issue or other vehicle problem, renter must call Roadside Assistance number provided by Outdoorsy insurance and contact owner. Do not attempt to make repairs. Out of pocket expenses for necessary repairs not covered by insurance or roadside assistance will be reimbursed by owner upon return of vehicle provided owner is contacted prior to repair and receipts are provided.
* Return Condition: The van must be returned in substantially the same condition as when it was picked up. All kitchenware must be clean and stored and counter and table wiped clean. Refrigerator should be wiped clean. If linens were rented, sheets, towels, pillow cases and dish towels should be placed in provided mesh laundry bag. We will wash the exterior. Deep cleaning of interior of van due to negligence of renter, including stains on bench seats or driver/passenger seats, floors, woodwork, paneling, etc. will result in an additional fee taken out of the security deposit.
* Composting toilet must be emptied and sprayed before return. Failure to do so will result in additional fee. Renters must adhere to Users Guide for correct toilet use. A waste receptacle is also provided in bathroom (to be emptied by renters).
* There is no refund for early returns or late starts. Van must be returned at agreed upon time on last rental day to 84 Agamenticus Ave, Cape Neddick, ME unless other arrangements are made.
* Failure to follow rules stated above will result in a garnish from security deposit and/or claim filed.